All Of Our Schools Are Open!
Emergency Response Fund Giving Challenge
CLEF Announces Opening Guidelines
The COVID-19 pandemic has required all the CLEF Lutheran schools in Chicago to adjust their methods of teaching students and interacting with constituents at an unprecedented speed. Our heartfelt gratitude goes to all the PTE Principals, Instructional Coaches, Leadership Coaches, Board Members, and School Board Chairs for all of the work you have already done to prepare your schools for reopening in the fall.
In order to ensure the maximum amount of learning for our students and the highest degree of care for all the schools’ constituents, this set of Guidelines will provide direction for our schools under three most likely scenarios in the Fall.
The sections are as follows:
- School Leadership & Sustainability
- Student Learning and Academic Achievement
- School Culture & Community Engagement
- School Environment, Health and Wellness
- Additional Resources
For the monthly Checklist click here.
Learning Options for Fall 2020
The 22 private schools CLEF supports are all different: different neighborhoods, different grade levels, different demographics. One value they all have in common: wanting the best for their students, and that includes health and safety. Some of our schools will offer in-person learning, a hybrid option, or entirely remote classes. The schools’ flexible teaching styles will accommodate the variety of needs.
To learn more about the CLEF schools in your area, please visit our Find a School page.
Innovative Summer Academics
- > USDA “Meals for Kids” Site Finder – an interactive map that directs people to local sites where kids can get free meals
- > The USDA National Hunger Hotline is also available for anyone seeking food assistance. The hotline, operated by Hunger Free America, can be reached Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET at 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842- 6273) (for Spanish).
- > Chicago Public Schools Meal Sites
- > Illinois Food Fund for Families
- > Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- > Illinois Department of Public Health
- > City of Chicago Coronavirus Response Center
- > World Health Organization
- > Healthy Children
- > Helping Families Cope with COVID-19
- > National Alliance on Mental Health
- > National Association of School Psychologists
- > Call4Calm