Enhancing Academic Excellence in Lutheran Schools
What does it look like for Lutheran Schools to provide excellent academic and faith-based education for each student?
This is the question CLEF set out to answer with the design of its Medallion School of Distinction Program. The Medallion School Program defines standards of academic, operational, and spiritual excellence for Lutheran elementary and high schools. It also provides a roadmap for improvement along a continuum of excellence toward becoming a Medallion School of Distinction. Earning “Medallion” status is a recognition of the school’s commitment to continuous improvement and student success.
The CLEF Medallion School Program divides components critical to school success and sustainability into four main categories, each with two distinct badges:
- > Student Learning & Academic Excellence
- > School Culture
- > School Environment & Wellbeing
- > School Leadership & Sustainability
Schools earn badges on reaching Medallion status.
CLEF’s Commitment to Medallion
CLEF partners with participating schools every step of the way on their journey to achieving Medallion School of Distinction status. CLEF shows this support by providing access to resources, tools, and expertise including:
- > Leadership coaching for principals
- > Instructional coaching for teachers
- > Access to subject matter experts for each Medallion category
- > Financial awards to acknowledge and support progress
- > Ongoing professional development and training through CLEF’s Pathways to Excellence Leadership program.
- > Read the article in the Lutheran Education Journal on the development of the Medallion Program and the research conducted by Concordia University Chicago
- > View or download Medallion School of Distinction FAQs
- > For more information about how you can support or participate in the Medallion program contact CLEF Director of Academic Excellence, Rachel Swanson.
“The inherent value of a parochial education is that it provides both the academic rigor and the moral compass necessary to meet the many challenges of modern life.” – Dean Buntrock, Longtime CLEF Supporter