On Monday, August 10, our CLEF schools participated in the Annual Networking Conference. The theme of the conference was: Mission. Possible.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
This year the conference was a hybrid of in-person and remote learning. Each school was able to decide whether to have their teachers attend the conference together at their school, or from their home. Several schools also joined one another to have more cross-collaboration and fellowship between campuses. Before the conference, boxes were delivered to each campus so that schools were able to participate in a “Conference in a Box” experience, having different moments throughout the day when prizes and materials were distributed to all attendees.
The day included a devotion from St. John’s Lutheran Church and School, a keynote message from Monique Chatman of Huntsville Alabama Schools, and a cross-school online scavenger hunt. Each person was also able to choose breakout sessions that met their needs as they prepare for remote and in-person learning this fall.
Despite the difference in format, teachers and principals appreciated the chance to learn together and collaborate with one another. As one participant shared in the feedback survey, “It was an inspirational day in a time of a lot of anxiety! You all made [the conference] feel real.”
We are so grateful for the work that our schools are doing to bring high quality academics and a strong faith foundation to their students and communities during this time.
Watch all the recordings of the sessions here:
- Keynote with Monique Chatman with Devotion from Pastor Ehrhard and Katrina Jurica (Access Password: Dp1jD9@y)
- Looking In The Mirror- Seeing Bias and Racism Within Ourselves with Ken Shelton (recording on request)
- The Remote Math Classroom: Making Technology Work When Teaching Math with Teresa Engler
- Connection Before Content: 10 Ways to Connect with Your Learners in Remote/Blended Learning with Heather Dowd
- Supporting Diverse Learners in Remote Learning with Cheryl Saiki
- Social Emotional Learning in the Remote Classroom with Maggie Zampini
- Cultivating Empathy and Compassion in Remote Classrooms with Monica Isabel Martinez
- An Introduction To Google Sites with Don Shanahan (Access Password: .c2BVP=t)
- Dealing with the Fear and Anxiety that Comes with COVID-19 with Nurse Pat Braun
- Principal Chat: Planning for School Reopening with Sheri Meyer
- Diverse Literature in Early Childhood: Building Community in Primary Grades with Kim Peterz-Dent
- Problem Solving with Google Slides & Pear Deck with Dee Lanier (Access Password: 4jy9bDC$)